Friday, June 10, 2016

Civil Engineering

Christopher in Austin, TX
       Imagine a home of your own with a great architecture, nice interior design, beautiful garden and perhaps swimming pool... It's all started from here, "my dream home". I wanted to be able to design and build my own home and that is why I am pursuing a degree in civil engineering. Also, seeing all the beautiful architectures is an inspiration for "my dream home". Of course, I will live with my lovely pets in "my dream home". As it shows in Figure on the left, the church behind Christopher the Hedgehog is my inspiration of having a beautiful architectural design for "my dream home", but of course, in the figure on the left, Christoper seems like the focus of the photo and he is not happy about it.
       
       Even though beautiful home is what I want, safety structural is also very important factor to me too. Home should not be just aesthetics, it should have a good structural support to carry all the loads from roof, upper floors, and other weight bearing loads down to the ground to support "my dream home". Choosing civil engineering as the profession is the best way to understand how to design beam, column, foundation, wall, and etc. to make sure that "my dream home" will be perfect in every way: aesthetic, safety, and cost-effectiveness. As shown in the video below, the group and I visited the Cathedral, on Sunday, June 5, 2016, and it has very beautiful design of columns and every details are perfect. It was breathtaking. If you have a chance to be in Valencia, Spain, then this is the place to be! The inside on the church has very stunning paints display throughout. In terms of safety, there is no doubt about it because all the buildings in here had been built more than a century ago and it is still standing today.

       

     
       I expect to contribute all the knowledge that I collected throughout school and experience of this research program to my profession. Technical and subject-specific knowledge, science, mathematics and technology will help in design, create and build structures efficiently to improve the community or even a world. Hopefully, becoming a civil engineer will appoint me to apply all these skills to make an impact on society and hope some of my future work will make people's lives much better and easier. Also, I wish that my future creations will stand strong as the time goes by and be as beautiful as all the buildings in picture below.
          




No comments:

Post a Comment